We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a beautiful historic luxury hotel in Berkshire, for an aspiring, driven and motivated Events professional to join their already established Events team.
Reporting to the Events Manager and Sales Director, and working 40 hours a week on a rolling shift rota the overall purpose of the role is to assist the Events team in the provision of all aspects of events within the property whilst ensuring that sales targets are achieved , adhering to the hotel's standards of operation.
- Management of computerised function diary
- Coordination / inputting of all corporate company conferences, events and golf days onto Opera Sales and Catering software and Concept Golf software
- Administration of all paperwork linking with bookings, i.e contracts, function sheets and invoices
- Attendance at the daily team meeting to read through and answer any questions from Operations with regards to current and forthcoming events
- To be fully conversant with all bookings within the Opera System
- Ensure that the sales system is kept up to date and sales are completed on a daily basis
- Booking accommodation in connection with conferences using Opera software
- Booking third party companies (Entertainment, transport, security etc.) on behalf of the client and ensuring that these charges are met by the client either directly or through the hotel's invoice system
- Generating new leads/business for all services offered by the hotel
- Adhere to all hotel account management procedures
- Communicating with Resident/Reservations departments with up to date rooming lists and guests’ requirements
- Liaise with Events Assistant to create and distribute all menus, place cards and table plans relating to functions
- Liaising with all internal departments with regards to functions and future bookings and keeping all departments fully informed at all times
- Building relationships with current clients and agents
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures
- Producing, collating and distributing function sheets weekly and to strict timing, ensuring that all information is current and correct
- Complete a set amount of sales calls per week
- Show-rounds of the facilities at the hotel to potential clients
- Possible attendance and representation of the hotel at Trade Shows
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
Typing; telephone skills; exceptional sales techniques, both on the telephone and in person; highly organised; motivated; flexible; a team player
The successful candidate will be targeted on revenue sales along with number of cold calls and existing customer calls. Various targets will be introduced throughout the financial year, which will not only be revenue-based but also task-based.
- Event Planning
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'