Established in 1990, our client now has 25 years of successful operation under their belts, each year they bill revenues of over £25M, and run approx. 200 events across the world. Their office is in London near Liverpool Street and Brick Lane, and they employ around 150 people.
The bulk of their earnings come from conferences, but they are seeing rapid growth in their publishing activities, subscription services and bespoke research consultancy. They have held conferences across the globe: from Hamburg to Hong Kong, Singapore to San Francisco and Dallas to Delhi. They will go where there’s business.
Position: Events Coordinator
Location: London, E1 6PX
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £21K to £23K per annum
About the role:
An exciting opportunity for a candidate with a passion for organisation and the ability to handle responsibility right from the start. You will gain conference and event operations experience within a fast-growing London based international media company.
- Assist on the operational aspects of their events worldwide
- Venue Selection and Site checks
- Negotiating hotel / venue contracts
- Finalising menus, banquet orders, and audio-visual equipment
- Sponsor / exhibitor liaison
- Designing and finalising production items (show guides, handouts, conference / sponsor signage)
- Making travel arrangements and facilitating hotel reservations
- Sourcing, negotiating and liaising with suppliers (audiovisual companies, designers, printers, security staff, and temporary staff)
- Onsite set-up, registration, liaison with the hotel and other vendors during the conference and breakdown
- Maintaining budgets for your events - finding effective ways to reduce costs
- Final bill consolidation and processing of supplier payments
- Coordinating internal post event evaluation
- Educated to degree level or equivalent vocational training
- Significant experience or an internship in an event-based role for a commercial conference or publishing company, this would be advantageous
- Experience running several events simultaneously
- Experience proofing copy
- IT literate – Microsoft office, Outlook
- Ability to travel frequently for 2-5 days at any time (up to 4 times a year)
You may have experience of the following: Events Coordinator, Marketing, Event Management, Client Relationship, Business Development, PR, Public Relations, Events Co-ordinator, Marketing Assistant, Events Assistant, Events Administrator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.