Arena International Events Group is looking for an Events Administrator to join its expanding team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in Events Administration across a wide range of B2B events.
Arena International, part of the GlobalData Group, runs over 80 international conferences and forums every year, with a thriving programme that is always expanding.
We manage over 100 events per year and staff will benefit from the opportunity of working on multiple event formats:
- Conferences - 2 day events with exhibitions
- Forums - 121 business meeting model (informally known as speed dating for business)
- Awards - High profile industry recognised award ceremonies
- Private dining and bespoke events
In addition to supporting GlobalDatas marketing efforts staff also can benefit from being associated with a business
Intelligence centre including access to our intelligence centres to help accelerate learning
Everything is run in house enabling you to work on a truly cross functional team
Due to growth and expansion an exciting role to assist in all events sourcing activity for this fast paced international events company.
- To work with the Head of Venue Sourcing
- Responsible for contacting venues and requesting availability and required information
- To build relationships with key venues and suppliers internationally
- To keep accurate records of venues’ availability and suitability - update and maintain databases
- To collate materials such as floor plans, capacity charts and food and beverage information and pass onto the Head of Venue Sourcing
A great opportunity to be trained in and expand on the following skills over time:
- Use of event sourcing tools such as Cvent
- Putting together full event costs and working on achieving the desired GPM
- Negotiation skills and the contracting of venues
Skills & Competencies:
- Methodical approach to work with good project and time management skills - demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Confident communication skills both in person and on the telephone
- The ability to show initiative where required
- A positive and determined approach and work attitude
- Event Planning
- Corporate Events
- Venue Management
- Venue Search
- International Events
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job