European Distributor Channel Manager / Sales
Distributor Channel Sales Manager to take responsibility for managing our European Distributor Channel Partners.
SALARY: £60,000 base + 15% of base pay (Variable Bonus)
BENEFITS: Fully Expensed Car or Car Allowance + 25 days holidays + Stats + Pension + L/A + Family Medical Insurance
LOCATION: Hertfordshire (but can work from home 2 days a week)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Harlow, Stevenage, Chelmsford, Cambridge, London, Milton Keynes, Colchester
THE COMPANY - European Distributor Channel Sales Manager
For 80 years we have been considered the world leader in laboratory and online precision viscosity control instrumentation and are renowned for setting the world Standard for viscosity measurement.
More recently we have expanded our expertise into other measurement disciplines including texture analysis and powder flow testing allowing us to move into a broader range of applications and industries.
With the exception of the UK and Germany where we have a direct sales force, all of our products are sold via Channel Partners.
THE OPPORTUNITY - European Distributor Channel Manager
Reporting to the International Director of Sales the role will suit a commercially orientated Distributor Manager who has experience of managing European Distributors and Channel Partners across all sales-orientated activities: sales promotions, marketing, exhibitions, recruitment & training of existing and new authorized resellers to improve the added value.
PERSON REQUIREMENTS - European Channel Sales Manager
* Proven track record in successfully managing European Distribution Channels including appointing vertical focused partners
* Technical qualification in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or related similar discipline
* Customer focused attitude, strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
* Solutions orientated: able to translate technical product information into strong customer value propositions
* Able to disseminate and interrogate data and produce meaningful and accurate forecasting
* Potential to manage European Technical Support Specialist
* Experience of working in a multicultural organisation
* Ability to manage resistance to change
* Strong effective decision making, organisational and time management skills
* Fluent in English, written and spoken (a second European language is desirable)
* Full, clean, current UK driving licence
* Prepared to undertake regular European Travel (25%)
DISTRIBUTORS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Managing 30+ In-Country Distributors and Partners in 30 European countries (excluding UK & Germany) to add sales value
* Driving growth of the product channels by taking share from direct competitors
* Proactively co-ordinate all company personnel, activities and resources to meet partner performance objectives and expectations
* Translating monthly data and information from distributors channels to produce accurate sales forecasts and growth funnels
* Engaging with Marketing and Product Management teams to generate maximum impact in the regions
* Working with Partners to agree and achieve sales targets & volume, volume rebates and contract changes
* Managing pricing, margins & costs to maximise sales and profitability
* Building on the success of the existing network of Partners, coach & drive continuous improvements as well as analysing new routes to further develop market and customer penetration.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Export Sales Manager, Distributor Manager, European Distributor Sales Manager, European Channel Manager, Distributor Partner Manager, Distributor Channel Manager, Instrumentation Distribution, Laboratories, Calibration, Viscosity, Rheometers, Texture Analysis, Powder Flow, Electronic Engineer, Electrical Engineer
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting European Distribution Sales Manager reference TF1803-44
to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job