Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Tuke House, Falmouth – Covering Cornwall
£18,221 per annum (rising to £19,180 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Estate Technician to join our well established Estate Services team in Plymouth. Covering Cornwall, you will be part of a small team, working across multiple void properties and preparing them for re-let. This role will involve some independent working, therefore we require someone who is able to manage their own workload with minimal supervision. Our ideal candidate will be willing to work in all environments and will demonstrate a good strong work ethic and a clear ability to maintain excellent standards of estate operations.
The role of Estate Technician will include:
- Undertaking basic repairs, grounds maintenance, caretaking and general cleaning of void properties
- Completing daily work records and maintaining stock levels
- Ensuring tools and equipment are kept in a useable condition
- Working with customers to resolve issues and improve services
- Providing accurate information and updates on the progress of allocated work
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in grounds maintenance or voids clearance work
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- A working knowledge of health and safety
- Holding a pesticide application certificate PA1 – PA6 or equivalent would be desirable
- A company van will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 23 July 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"