ES6688 - Teacher of Support for Learning
Falkirk Council is seeking to recruit class teachers who are highly skilled practitioners, committed to delivering the very best learning and teaching experiences for our children and young people.
The key policy document for Falkirk schools is Learning to Achieve. This was co-created by headteachers, teachers, early years practitioners, support staff, parents/carers, pupils and other partners.
It sets out clearly our expectations for our class teachers, namely that they are practitioners who demonstrate commitment to meeting the needs of all learners by:
- reflecting critically on their practice
- being proactive in seeking professional learning opportunities that further enhance their skills and knowledge
- adopting flexible, creative approaches to meet the needs of all learners
- using current educational thinking to inform their practice
- making good use of professional collaboration in school and beyond
- communicating effectively with others
Successful applicants will:
- hold an appropriate secondary qualification
- be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
- be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration
Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to attend:
- Written Task -
- Interview –
Candidates should allow 2 hours on that day to complete the observation and interview process.
This post is temporary until June 2019 to cover maternity leave.
Successful applicants for posts working with children or vulnerable adults will be subject to disclosure checks or the new PVG scheme and approval by Care Commission Scotland.
Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing the skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job