• The EPRR Manager (Interoperable Capabilities) role is a highly visible and accountable position within the Trust. The role is a senior manager position and will support the Head of EPRR and Specialist Practice ensuring the smooth day to day running of the EPRR Department with specific responsibility for the Interoperable Capabilities, surge and escalation planning and Events Team. The post holder will be expected to deputise for the Head of EPRR and Specialist Practice. This is a high profile role with exposure at a very senior level both internal and external to the Trust and candidates must be credible, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
• The post holder will ensure that South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) meets its statutory obligations as a Category One Responder in all aspects of organisational and operational delivery within the context of Emergency Preparedness, Resilience and Response (EPRR) with a specific focus on the delivery of compliance of the National Interoperable capabilities and associated National Standards whilst complying with the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 and NHS EPRR Interoperable Capability Standards.
• The post holder will work to ensure comprehensive emergency preparedness, resilience and response planning and delivery across the interoperable capabilities including Command and Control, Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRNe), Marauding Terrorism Attack (MTA) and Mass Casualty within the South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust operational area.
• The post holder is responsible for all matters relating to surge and escalation planning including the development of surge and escalation plans and development of an annual resilience plan. The post holder will support the Head of EPRR and Specialist Practice with annual assurance process relating to these areas.
• This post will also be responsible for leading on Compliance and Quality Assurance work streams across the interoperable Capabilities, Reporting to the Head of EPRR and Specialist Practice the post holder will ensure a high level of compliance is achieved and maintained by developing quality improvement and maintaining assurance which demonstrates compliance processes for all National standard requirements in relation to EPRR governance.
• To provide immediate line management responsibility for the EPRR Interoperable Capabilities Team and is accountable for the delivery of compliance across all Interoperable Capability Standards. The post holder will also provide line management to the Events Team.
• The post holder will work closely with the Trust’s Senior Leadership and Operations Senior Management Teams, Executive Team, County Commanders and all areas of the Emergency Preparedness, Resilience and Response Team to ensure that SWASFT is able to deliver all aspects of emergency preparedness, resilience and response in the context of the interoperable capabilities in line with local and national policy and best practice guidance.
• The post holder will ensure that all interoperable capability plans developed for the Trust, are tested regularly and robustly, ensuring that the plans are resilient, and deliverable operationally including training and exercise arrangements across all areas of the organisation.
• The post holder is responsible and accountable for the development and delivery of all training requirements across the interoperable capabilities including but not limited to Command, command support, SORT and MTA.
• The post holder is responsible for maintaining the availability of the MTA and SORT teams and sustaining the number of trained staff to sustain an effective response.
• The post holder will develop effective working relationships with senior executives in all Category 1 and Category 2 response organisations to ensure compliance with all National Interoperable Capability standards and maintain interoperable plans.
• The post holder is also responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Events Team, whilst providing visible, empowering leadership and direction to the Events Officer and operational event staff.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'