As an Environmental Engineer the main purpose of your role will be to design, plan and perform engineering duties utilising various engineering disciplines, with particular attention to the prevention, control and remediation of environmental health hazards. You will also develop and deliver projects through various stages from feasibility to planning/ detailed design and onto installation and commissioning. This will be with the purpose of assessing and improving existing plant and installations and the successful candidate will take on significant elements of design, either working on their own initiative, with minimal supervision or by taking a lead role working within multi-discipline project teams. The company is flexible with regards to salary, depending on experience, and invites applications from all who meet the requirements within the nominal range of £20-60,000pa.
Further responsibilities of this Environmental Engineer will be:
-Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of current installations and new projects
-Collaborate with planners, regulators, engineers and other specialists in law and business as necessary to address environmental 'problems'
-Assist in project budgets, forecasts and administration and report to management on project progress
-Develop site specific health and safety protocols such as spill contingency plans, methods for loading and transporting raw materials and products and inspection regimes
-Obtain, update, and maintain, plans, permits and standard operating procedures
-Provide technical support for environmental remediation and litigation projects, including remediation system design and determination of regulatory applicability
-Inspect installations and facilities in order to evaluate ongoing operation effectiveness and ensure ongoing compliance with environmental regulations and permit conditions
-Design systems, processes and equipment for control, management and remediation of water, air and soil quality
-Serve as liaison with local agencies and regulators
As an Environmental Engineer, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
• Experience of working to environmental health and safety legislation and best practice within the chemical industry is essential.
• Capable of working to tight project timescales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach.
• Extensive chemical and environmental knowledge
• Be able to demonstrate clear and successful project management skills and technical competence in the field of engineering with a focus on the environment
• Full, clean driver's license
• Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to push the boundaries of existing knowledge and the ability to take the lead
• Proven track record of dealing with regulators and contractors
• Ability to interpret and work to British and international standards
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41733 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job