Engineering Part-Time Buyer
Harrods Aviation is a widely recognised leading company in the General (Private) Aviation industry. We are committed to employing the very best individuals who can demonstrate and deliver the very highest level of customer service.
We are recruiting a Part-Time Buyer to work on Mondays and Tuesdays, 16 hours per week.
The duties will include the production and control of purchase orders required by Engineering or other departments to carry out our business activities within Harrods Aviation.
- Raise and control purchase orders as requested by Maintenance Control and other departments.
- Liaise with various suppliers to ensure all options are considered before purchase orders are placed.
- Carrying out all purchasing in accordance with Finance and Engineering department procedures.
- Chase purchase orders to ensure prompt and on time delivery of all orders.
- Working with freight and forwarding companies to ensure best method of shipment.
- Ensure all purchase orders are raised in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct supplier audits as required by company procedures.
- Monitor and control items ordered for aircraft inputs ensuring on time delivery and traceability.
- Cover leave and/or absence at our Luton base on occasion
- Ensure Stock listing is checked before purchase orders are placed.
- Cover out of hours buying if required.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to the role.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
Thorough understanding and knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Microsoft Excel
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Willingness to learn new skills and processes within the Warehouse & Purchasing departments.
Business Jet and Rotary experience.
Good commercial awareness along with previous purchasing/ warehousing experience
- Commercial Awareness
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"