The Engineer will have experience in site engineering and can carry out engineering surveys and drawings. You will be working as part of a busy team and will provided support to cover South Wales in flood maintenance activities and flood incident responses.
Duties will include;-
- Responsible for the production of the annual flood risk asset maintenance programme.
- Lead on the risk management planning for the work.
- Production and review of flood incident response and contingency plans/ manuals and planning incident response exercises.
- Develop procedures for the operation of assets during a flood incident.
- Lead on the scoping, justification, costing and delivery of discreet asset improvement projects.
- Have indirect budget responsibility for both revenue and capital projects.
- In partnership with Procurement deliver framework services and product supplies.
- Carry out contractor supervision and management.
- Liaise with stakeholders including; local authorities, land owners, environmental groups, delivering a customer focus.
- Participation in the incident response duty roster.
The successful candidate must have:-
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent is desirable together with a NEBOSH construction certificate. A HND/HNC in civils or equivalent is the minimum requirement, together with related experience. The candidate should also be working towards Incorporated Engineer status or other appropriate professional designation.
- Have a water based engineering background is desirable
- A broad knowledge of civil engineering design and construction practices, with the ability to develop and apply innovative solutions to problems.
- In this role you will be expected to support H&S best practice by actively promoting awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practices
- Project Management; Prince2 practitioner qualification would be desirable.
- Competent surveying skills. AutoCAD skills and GIS experience would also be desirable.
- The ability to undertake the 'Client and Designer Role', to comply with CDM 2015.
- Full UK driving licence.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'