We are currently recruiting for a Engineer in Scunthorpe.
You will be working for a UK's leading manufacturing business. You will be supporting the role of the factory by resolving breakdowns and delivering maintenance.
As an Engineer you require:
- A minimum of 3 years engineering experience
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline; and possess 16th or 17th Edition Certification.
- Proven experience of working within a fast moving manufacturing industry is essential.
- Experience of working in a plastics processing environment preferable.
- Extensive experience in carrying out and analysing breakdowns.
- Experience in managing contractors on-site.
- Salary: £35800 per annum
- Hours of Work: 4 day shifts for 12 hours 6am-6pm, then 4 days off, then 4 night shifts 6pm-6am and then 4 days off.
- Location: Scunthorpe
- Duration: Permanent
- Overtime available and paid at time and half
Role of a Engineer
- Attend to breakdowns on-site ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised.
- Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team.
- To carry out PPM on site whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output.
- Deliver on plant up time and maintenance KPl's through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance;
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work.
- Ensure engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering downtime and help to improve the site OEE, Health & Safety and Good Working Practices.
- Maintaining tools and equipment, so that they are in a safe working condition; as well as making sure that the workshop and plant rooms are safe environments at all times.
- Always adhere to Technical procedures and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP).
- Work in a clean and orderly manner in compliance with the Company's Hygiene Code of Practice.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met and that all equipment complies with Company and legal standards.
Benefits of the role of Engineer:
- 26 days holiday.
- Career progression
- Free car park
- On-site canteen
- Pension Scheme
If you are interested in the role of Engineer please click apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job