The global engineering team undertakes projects focused in five main areas: fundamental research to enable future development, understanding new engine hardware and trends, incorporation of new component chemistry, collaboration with engine manufacturers and first tier suppliers, and support the development of new product platforms.
What we can expect from you
- Develop and translate engineering understanding and knowledge to Chemists and Chemical Engineers for the development of oils for new and existing combustion engines.
- Generate innovative solutions to lubrication challenges through a detailed understanding of the hardware used to qualify and approve lubricating oil products.
- Lead business critical technology projects and contribute to future project creation.
- Partner with external engineering consultancies where project scope goes beyond current internal capabilities or competencies.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal & external audiences that influence preferred outcomes.
What will you gain from this role?
- Very high levels of project responsibility: development projects frequently cost over 1M$.
- Large degree of external interaction with performance test companies, engineering consultancies, OEMs and industry committees.
- Opportunity to collaborate with other company functions
- Environmental factors and evolving hardware technology create many opportunities and a fascinating market to understand and influence.
- Leadership skills: developing a team and design / implement new practices to increase its value
A successful candidate is likely to have
- A technical background in Engines Engineering, Powertrain Development or related discipline is essential
- A working knowledge of lubricant technology, what impacts its performance and the design of engine / rig testing protocols is desirable.
- Innovative and inspired by finding out why things work.
- Ability to apply different tactics to solve problems.
- Plan, steward and successfully deliver complex projects.
- Enjoy managing multiple projects. Analyse and interpret technical data, form sound technical judgements or test hypotheses
- Ability and desire to learn new competencies.
- Effective Team Player.
- Willingness to share, support and be collaborative
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Positive Team Player