BMI Park hospital in Nottingham is part of BMI healthcare group which is Britain’s leading provider of independent healthcare; with a reputation based on years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. We provide safe care via a nationwide network of hospitals and clinics and are able to offer access to a range of surgical specialties. Our patients are at the centre of everything we do. We invest in our teams as they are crucial to the delivery of safe and effective care.
The Park is a private hospital in North of Nottingham, situated within the grounds of a country Park. We have 65 inpatient beds with all rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has five theatres, and an intensive care unit and a newly replaced Cath lab. These facilities and on-site support services enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery. This specialist expertise is supported by caring and professional medical staff, with dedicated nursing teams and Resident Medical Officers on duty 24 hours a day, supported by a great team of allied health professionals providing care within a friendly and comfortable environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Practitioner in Endoscopy to join our Theatre Team on a fulltime (37.5hours) basis (part time will be considered). We are looking for a dynamic practitioner who can develop our service and work towards JAG accreditation. There will also be an expectation to work in main Theatres as well as opportunities for development and training.
You are a registered nurse or operating department practitioner with clinical experience and a passion for delivering high quality care to your patients. You will have experience of working in Endoscopy, undertaking audits and have experience working with JAG. You are an innovative and dynamic clinical leader and can demonstrate high standards of care to others within the theatre team. You have strong leadership and management skills. You are a team worker and able to work with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of safe care to your patients.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Operators and Managers Course in Endoscopy Decontamination
- Experience of audit and JAG is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to support and lead a team.
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service.
- Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).ILS.
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Unit.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-procedure phase of care by delivering quality patient care through appropriate clinical supervision and managerial leadership.
- Implement best practice standards (HTM 01 – 06, Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG, etc.) in endoscopy service delivery.
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
- Responsible for adhering to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.