My client based in Newcastle are recruiting for an Employment Tax Consultant to join their team.
- Building and maintaining client relationships through high levels of client service; leading the operational delivery toclients;
- Assisting in relation to a wide variety of employment tax advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews and duediligence;
- Helping with employer compliance activities, including completion of P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements, and assisting with other processes such as employment status and termination payments;
- Supporting in Employment Tax marketinginitiatives;
- Taking responsibility for delivering work to a high standard and meetingdeadlines;
- Actively identifying and developing a network of contacts internally andexternally;
- Working across other business functions whereneeded
- Participating in both internal and external meetings through relevant preparation/presentation of both the employment taxes technical and other non-technicalmatters.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- ATT qualified or with equivalent level of provenexperience
- Good level of education at degree level if not currently taxqualified
- Good IT capability - understanding of the application of IT systems to improve work practices in excel, outlook,word.
- Three plus years in an Employment Tax role
- The successful applicant will have already attained the level of experience and expertise required of grades below that to which he/she isappointed
- Experience of acting as the first point of contact for the client and able to resolve client issues unless they involve technical matters of fact oropinion
- Has an appropriate awareness of the risk involved in this specialism of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients; and facilitate the team culture by documenting and sharing information.
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and actaccordingly.
- The ability to act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of smallerclients.
- Ability to manage the departments billingprocess.
- Ability to produce accurate and thorough work of a quality standard isparamount.
- Corporation Tax