Are you looking to develop your employment law career within an innovative setting?
Do you enjoy autonomy and having an input into the way you and your wider team work?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our successful Employment department. You’ll be a key member of our small, cohesive team, who manage their own case loads and enjoy high levels of direct client contact.
The key focus of the role will be to provide practical HR and technically accurate employment advice to a broad range of SME clients. Working with an existing and ever growing portfolio of repeat clients, you’ll get to know your contacts well and will act as a trusted adviser to MDs, FDs and HR support staff across a variety of industry sectors.
- Acting as the main point of contact for a broad range of non contentious HR and Employment Law queries, mainly by telephone and email and occasionally face to face
- Providing legally compliant and commercially astute advice on a range of queries including absence management, discipline and grievance, HR Policy and process
- Taking initial instructions and drafting HR and Employment related documents including staff handbooks and HR policies and processes
- Drafting and negotiating Settlement Agreements
- Running an Employment Tribunal caseload and assisting on more complex matters
- Carrying out audits on existing HR and Employment documentation to ensure compliance and best practice
- Attending and/or presenting at networking events and seminars
You’ll work directly with our Head of Department who is keen to encourage, mentor and develop talent. Opportunities will arise for further involvement in technical Employment Law queries and special projects for the right candidate.
Please note the Employment Solicitor/Lawyer role can be based in either our Chester or Liverpool office, dependent on the successful candidate's preference.
What we’re looking for
- An Employment Lawyer with ideally between 2-5 years pqe
- Law degree/ CILEx qualification preferred
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Highly effective communicator at all levels
- Strong team player who is able to work collaboratively
- Confident to network with prospective clients and develop new business
- IT Literate with case management experience
Please note that travel will be required occasionally between our offices as well as to client meetings, so own transport is essential.
Levels of pqe detailed are for guidance only and all applications will be reviewed on merit.
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus scheme
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Discounted legal services
- Discounted gym membership
- Long service awards
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Regular company wide social and charity events
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships
- Free tea, coffee and a subsidised 'frothy coffee machine’
….and many more!
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.