HOME BASED WITH MIDLANDS TRAVEL
Your new company
My client are one of the UK's largest energy management companies with over 10,000 employees and operations throughout the UK.
They now have a requirement for an Employee Relations Specialist to join their newly created ER team, looking after the East Staffordshire and East Midlands Region.
Your new role
The Employee Relations Team has developed a challenging employee relations strategy which will be supported by a newly created team of Employee Relations Managers and Specialists across the UK who, working with the wider HR team and operational managers, will make a real difference. You will get exposure to many different aspects of the business.
- To act as a first point of contact for line managers on employee relations (ER) matters, providing specialist advice and solutions in line with current legislation. This will include but not limited to disciplinary, grievances, investigations, restructures and capability. Liaise with the company's legal advisors in relation to more complex cases and support the ER and Policy development manager and external solicitors with the management of employment tribunal claims as required.
- Develop the capacity of line managers to manage ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER.
- To coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible, rather than allowing situations to escalate.
- To proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met.
- To foster and support a partnership relationship with the unions at local level. To form part of the negotiations team for local pay negotiations and to identify with unions and contract managers joint initiatives and proactively participate in quarterly ER climate meetings. When applicable work with the contract manager to respond to any trade disputes and set contingency plans to minimise the impact on the service and bring the dispute to a swift conclusion.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum level 7 CIPD or equivalent qualification. Chartered member of CIPD or working towards this with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Previous experience in a HR Generalist or ER role within a unionised and regulated environment.
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
- Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving ability and ability to deliver results to demanding deadlines.
What you'll get in return
My client are offering a base salary of c£45,000-£50,000 plus a £550 per month car allowance/Car and generous bonus and benefits package for this position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job