Embedded Software Engineer - Electric Vehicles
Altertek Ltd is one of the UK's leading designers and manufacturers of industrial lithium ion batteries covering applications such as electric vehicles, aircraft, motorsport, and oil & gas.
Altertek designs much of its own hardware and software but also designs and assembles the mechanical aspects of battery systems making it a perfect partner for many exciting projects.
Altertek are seeking an embedded software engineer to join its fast growing team of engineers to work on a growing list of exciting projects related to battery technology across many sectors.
As part of a small team you will be exposed to all areas of multiple projects, from concept design through to testing and production.
The role will involve helping to create proposals, form and update specification documents, design and test software for use on new and existing hardware and be part of working with the team to suggest solutions and overcome design challenges.
This role will suit people who are passionate about the environment and working with people who share similar values.
Minimum Essential Attributes
- At least 3 years' industry experience in embedded firmware development
- Experience in software design and software architecture design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a mixed-discipline team
- 'Self-starter’ capable of working with minimal guidance
Ideal Required Attributes
- Extensive experience of developing firmware in C programming language
- Experience of developing firmware for hosting on PIC32 or similar microcontrollers
- Capable of producing well thought out, maintainable, readable and well documented code
- Ability to understand electronic hardware schematics and component datasheets
- Ability to develop and document software architectural designs based on requirements specifications
- Ability to debug software to resolve problems
- Ability to use development tools and test equipment to test software
- Ability to review software design outputs from other engineers
- Experience of working within an ISO 9001 environment
- Background in or knowledge of electronic hardware design or systems design
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to assist in system requirements capture through direct communications with customers
- Experience of CAN bus protocol
- Experience of battery management systems
- Experience of working to functional safety concepts (IEC 61508 / ISO 26262 etc)
- Experience of developing PC / Linux / mobile based higher-level software applications
- Interest in electric vehicle / renewable energy technologies
- Knowledge of UML
- Interest in developing software development processes
The job role will the majority of the time be based at the main office in Romsey near Southampton, which has a train station a stones throw away and there is ample free onsite parking and tea and coffee is provided free of charge.
The company operates on a 37.5 hrs per week flexible working hours system, ideal for parents and 20 days a year holiday plus bank holidays and an extra days holiday per year for every year worked
If you are a driven individual who wants to be part of a team where their opinion is heard an not treated like a number then this will be an opportunity to pursue.
NOTE: Strictly no recruitment agencies are to contact us regarding this position.
- Electronic Hardware
- Embedded Software
- Software Design
- Electronic Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job