Electro-Mechanical Fitter required on a contract basis to join a world leading hazard protection engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at a world leading hazard protection engineering company? Do you have a strong automotive background? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced Engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
As the Electro-Mechanical Fitter you will join the assembly team to produce Forklift truck conversions. You will report to the Team leader and Engineers to discuss requirements as part of the pre-conversion reviews. You will interpret requirements and specifications given by the Engineers and you will be responsible for all electrical and mechanical fittings;
* Carry out electrical and mechanical fitting activities, including minor fabrication on Fork Lift Trucks.
* Ability to manufacture electrical looms to drawing.
* Ability to wire enclosures.
* Read and interpret engineering instructions (drawings, wiring diagrams, photographs) to achieve specification.
* Discuss conversion requirements with the Team Leader and Engineer as part of the pre-conversion review.
* Select appropriate cables and components for on-job manufactured parts.
* Complete project documentation as required during and at the end of projects.
* Document any aspects or components developed during the project for future reference.
* Participant in continuous improvement projects as required.
* Operate within the guidelines of the Company's policies and procedures, ISO9001 and internal work instructions.
* Ensure that all areas, plant and equipment are kept in a clean and safe working condition and that the general area is kept in a clean and tidy state.
* Comply with the Company's health and safety policy, procedures and processes.
* Experience in panel or Automotive Electrical wiring.
* Proven experience within an electrical/mechanical role.
* Ability to read and understand engineering/technical drawings and processes.
* Basic IT skills.
* Ability to complete required documentation and records in a timely manner.
* Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
* Strong team ethic.
* Willingness to adhere to all health and safety policies, procedures and processes.
* Willingness to learn additional skills.
* Willingness to work overtime when required.
* Own suitable tool kit, to complete job duties.
Desired Qualifications (but not essential):
* Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent
* Experience of Zone 1 and Zone 2 conversions
* Awareness of quality assurance throughout the whole process.
* Ability to problem solve.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.