Electrician required to work in a school based in Godalming, Surrey
Your new company
A highly regarded and well respected Independent school based near Godalming in Surrey.
Your new role
Working as part of the in house maintenance team as a Maintenance Electrician main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To carry out a variety of electrical work including planned preventative maintenance on the School estate and properties.
- To respond to Re-active maintenance tasks as and when they arise
- To advise senior management on what is required to rectify any electrical issues
- To ensure that work is carried out in a safe manor and within relevant Health and Safety Guidelines
- To maintain a good relationship with all members of the School
- To carry out other non-electrical tasks as may be required from time to time by the Maintenance Manager and other Estates Department Managers
The standard hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday all year round. A willingness to be flexible in working hours is essential and the post holder may be required to join the out of hours call out team.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with good communication skills. The successful candidate will also be used to working in a team environment.
The following attributes and Qualifications are Essential for the role:
- 17th Edition and relevant City & Guilds/ NVQ Qualifications
- Proven expertise and experience in working on electrical installations and appliances
- Fault Finding expertise
- Experience of working in a construction / maintenance environment
- Holder of a clean driving license
- Proven experience of managing multiple projects and dealing with a wide range of size and type of building tasks
The following attributes are Desirable:
- 2394 City & Guilds Inspection and Testing and 2395 Periodic Test and Inspect
- Experience of working with in a schools Estates department
- Experience in BMS Systems
- Experience in fire alarm systems and emergency light testing
What you'll get in return
Pay is £30,000 per year plus out of hours on call rota if applicable of £3,000 per year. 5 weeks holiday per year plus 8 days statutory bank holidays. Other benefits include Membership to sports club, Lunches provided, Contributory Pension Scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.