Westray Recruitment Consultants is working with a Global Automotive Manufacturer based in County Durham to search for an Electrically Biased Maintenance Technician. The role will involve planning, organising and performing the preventive and curative maintenance of buildings and production equipment.
- Organise, plan and provide planned and reactive maintenance on the setting, maintenance and development of production equipment programming.
- Ensure that work is carried out in compliance with safety and environmental protection rules.
- Report any issues in preventive or protective equipment relating to Health & Safety and the Environment.
- Prepare and implement a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Check that machines operate correctly during production and carry out maintenance as required.
- Keep an electronic record of maintenance performed on production means to ensure traceability of maintenance operations.
- Ensure the acceptance and qualification of production equipment in compliance with specifications, safety and environment rules.
- Ensure the cleanliness of working area.
- Make sure that preventive maintenance constraints are taken into account regarding new equipment to be installed.
- Provide expertise in a specialist field, including propose and implementing adequate corrective actions and also helping to select and implement improvement actions.
- Manage the store which involves ensuring the supply of spare parts and receiving, checking and entering into stock delivered products.
- Take part in the TPM, guarantee feedback and conduct periodic diagnostic checks (presses, robots).
- Carry out production tool development, servicing and maintenance procedures as required.
- Perform complex settings as required and upgrade machine programmes in compliance with tolerances and monitor using Computer-Aided Maintenance Management.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence.
- Educated to Degree level within a related speciality.
- It would be preferred if candidates were from the plastics industry, either having experience in extrusion, blow moulding, thermoforming or injection moulding.
- Must be experienced with PLCs, ideally Omron.
- Must be competent to provide fault finding and diagnostics.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
- A passionate and enthusiastic attitude.
This role is a permanent position and will involve a 3 shift pattern including days (7am-3pm), backs (3pm-11pm) and nights (11pm-7am). A minimum of 37.5 hours is required.
A highly competitive salary is on offer and an excellent benefits package, including 25 days holiday plus statutory and a contributory pension scheme. Overtime is available for this position and pays Time and a half during the week and double time Sunday,
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch Tony Hutchinson to find out more information about this position, he can be contacted on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job