SSP is the leading dedicated operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide. We have a long heritage in food and travel, with over 60 years experience in the industry. SSP employs 10,000 staff across the UK, and serves millions of customers every week. We operate brands such as M&S Simply Food, Starbucks, Burger King, Paul Hollywood, Upper Crust and
We are looking for a number of technicians covering a new enhanced portfolio covering Refrigeration, electrical and mechanical technicians.
To gather tasks from logged help desk calls using a number of communications route with the aid of PDAs.
- To safely deliver a quality, on-time, service within a defined geographical area attending the client’s premises in a professional manner to achieve the required level of quality service to the buildings’ assets in the most cost-effective and technically competent manner.
- To communicate clearly and in a timely manner to the supervisor and Maintenance Managers, whilst providing all supporting documentation to achieve performance levels.
- To carry out planned, pro-active and reactive tasks that are within the scope of the Mobile Retail Operative (MRO) Role which are described in brief below:
- Basic PPM tasks: PAT, hand driers, heaters, circuits and MCB failure, damaged sockets and switches etc.
- Basic reactive repairs
- Basic PPM tasks - i.e. small AC units, AHUs, Overdoor heaters, Air Curtains, filter changes and cleaning
- Basic reactive tasks
Mechanical & Plumbing, Fabric Technicians
- Basic PPM - i.e. pumps, pipework and valves, L8 checks, vented & unvented water heaters
- Basic Reactive tasks - i.e. leaks, blockages, tap washer replacement, pipe replacement & small installation
- Basic PPM tasks - i.e. internal and external fabric inspections
- Basic fabric repairs - i.e. ceilings, carpets, internal doors, shelves, patch repair walls within contract remit
- Carry out duties in accordance with all Health & Safety procedures, Codes of Practice
and Statutory Regulations.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard of customer service and that work is completed on time, within budget and meets Service Level Agreements or Key
- Build effective relationships with the client, answering queries, keeping them informed about site activities and developments.
- Identify opportunities for any additional works in accordance with any repair and replacement contractual requirements.
- Respond to emergency call-outs promptly and efficiently.
- Undertake scheduled PPMs to ensure the asset performance continues to provide the best value.
- Ensure compliance for all necessary Permit to Work Systems and safe systems of work.
- Assist in the implementation of improvements to procedures and systems, making recommendations as appropriate.
- To understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time.
- Building Maintenance
- Mechanical Electrical