Electrical & Instrumentation Project Manager - Gas Transmission
Salary: Personal Contract (dependent on experience)
Location: Axis House,Edinburgh.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an Electrical and Instrumentation Project Manager to join our Major Projects (Scotland) team. You will be based our Edinburgh office (Newbridge). This is a senior position reflected in a salary which will attract a Personal Contract. Our Major Projects team ensures the continuing safe and reliable operation of our gas transmission and LNG assets; this involves the construction, upgrade or replacement of installations and equipment of various sizes operating within the high pressure transmission system and on our satellite LNG sites.
In the role of E&I Project Manager you will be responsible for delivery of projects associated with fixed electrical, instrumentation, telemetry, flow metering and gas quality systems. This including feasibility study, coordination of design, project planning, procurement, site installation and commissioning either as standalone projects or part of a multi discipline team. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are carried out safely, to programme and within budget.
What does a Project Manager do?
- Leads a team of engineers in the design, procurement, implementation and installation of a range Electrical, Instrumentation and control projects.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with Maintenance, Network and third parties to achieve SGN’s strategic objectives.
- Effectively manages a team to deliver specific projects while demonstrating high performance with regards to Safety, Engineering and Value for Money.
- Efficient management of contractors within Contracts and Framework Agreements.
- Applies effective project controls to ensure delivery of every project on time and on budget.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- You will have Electrical and instrumentation project experience in an engineering environment. Knowledge and experience of working in the gas, process or petrochemical industries would be an advantage.
- Ideally you will hold, have held or be capable of, electrical authorisation within a similar engineering environment.
- Previous management or supervisory experience is required together with good influencing, coaching and communication skills allowing you to work with honesty and integrity at all times.
- You should be educated to Degree or HND standard in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- You must have a valid driving licence as this role will involve a certain amount of travel.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'