This is a great opportunity to work for an experienced Electrical Estimator to work with a well-respected M&E Building Services Contractor.
You will already be an experienced Electrical Estimator with a proven track record of delivering winning tenders. You will be fully conversant with current specialist estimating software and use to working to tight deadlines. The ability to produce accurate tenders first time, every time is essential as is the need to value engineer. You will require a sharp commercial brain coupled with a strong work ethic and the ability to work within a close team.
Electrical Estimator Responsibilities:
- Use drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
- Taking off quantities of drawings/specifications/bills of quantities
- Interpret contract/tender requirements relating to costs for prelims, attendances, statuary requirements, site specific rules and scope
- Produce complete electrical estimates up to £5m using 'Estimation’ Software
- Ensure all bids submitted are correctly costed
- Produce tender packages for subcontractors and review returned documents for inclusion in main bid
- Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into an estimating system
- Produce Schedule of Rates for each successful tender
- Liaising with the Bid Manager and Sales Team to review tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances/contract/terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk
- Ensure all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures;
- As required represent the Company in negotiations and meetings;
- Attend internal project handover meetings and the bid team in developing the commercial strategy for the project
- Maintain and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience:
- ONC/HNC Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Electrical estimating/bid presentation experience in the M&E sector
- Proven track record of successfully winning electrical projects in line with business guidelines
- Good understanding of technical issues is preferable
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment
- Ability to read and clearly understand drawings and specifications
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
- Wide supplier and sub-contractor knowledge
- Computer literate with experience of 'Estimation’ software
- Confident and articulate with an attention to detail
- Highly professional, highly organised with a high level of integrity
- Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
In return you can expect to work for a financially stable company who can provide real, long term stability and career progression. A competitive basic salary, £50,000 - £60,000 and leading package are on offer for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position and would like to submit your CV or require any further information, please contact David Mead
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Estimating
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'