Power Transmission Opportunity
Our client has recently entered the Scottish market, they are operating in the Power Transmission and Distribution sector and are seeking Electrical Commissioning Engineers to join them. Ideally candidates will have skills and experience in the following areas -
- Good knowledge of Protection and Control Policy in Electrical Substations, apparatus and protection relays and transducers.
- Familiar with different topologies of Transmission Systems (double bus bar, one and a half circuit breaker, ring, mesh) at different voltage levels (400, 275 and 132 kV).
- Able to handle secondary injection test set equipment's as Omicron CMC-356 and set up customised test for a wide range of relays with function such as line differential, distance, overcurrent, delay auto reclose, sync, circuit breaker fail, etc. using Test Universe software.
- Able to handle primary injection test set equipment's as Omicron CPC-100 for testing Current Transformers.
- Able to use Omicron CT-Analyser for testing Current Transformers.
- Manufacturer Software of IEDs: Digsi, Enervista UR, Accelerator, Micom S1, Zivercom.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project. Autocad.
- Understanding of Circuit Diagrams and used to consult manufacturer´s technical manuals.
- Knowledge of IEC 61850 Standard.
Our client will welcome applications from candidates with experience working on Electrical Substations and ideally candidates will have experience as an Authorised Person under the Safety Rules of Scottish Power, holding the following certificates: AME, SR-3, WI-1 and WL-1 in LV System. Candidates should also have a background that includes Health & Safety, Compliance and First Aid at Work.
The role will allow you the chance to establish yourself in a new company and enjoy the benefit of the opportunities that starting with a new company can provide. The position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, to find out more about this and the role then please call Alasdair Reid on .
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Power Transmission