Electrical CAD Engineer- Automotive-Tevva Motors have a fantastic opportunity for Electrical CAD Engineer- Automotive to be a part of our growing team based in Chelmsford. Using your skills you will deliver game-changing, clean-truck technology. Delivering on climate change, improving air quality, reducing GHG, and particulate emissions and making a real and measurable difference
You will report to the Electrical Integration Engineer and support the specification, design, development and verification of electrical systems both High Voltage and Low Voltage for our Core Systems.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design, development and validation of electrical modules and harnesses for automotive application
- Prepare the necessary documentation for manufacture of cables and electrical components and assemblies
- Support Test Engineer with component, sub-system and system level testing on rigs and test vehicles
- To identify and analyse faults, manage and resolve issues to closure
- Responsible for the overall electrical health of the vehicle
- Preparation of regular status reports for both internal and external distribution
- To provide support for the vehicle build and vehicle testing as appropriate
- Resolving issues and troubleshooting as appropriate for resolution to the appropriate system owner
- Working closely within a multi-disciplined team (hardware/software/mechanical)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- CAD proficiency – preferably Solid Works Electrical
- Experience within an electrical integration role (automotive advantageous)
- Engineering degree, or equivalent technical degree
- Ability to help ‘hands on’ to implement own designs
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
As the successful Electrical CAD Engineer you will be able to multi task and prioritise whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. You will be computer literate including knowledge of or experience with Microsoft Office programs.
This a full-time position working 40 hours per week with additional hours available. We are offering a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience. You will also receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (some days will have to be kept during the Christmas period due to office closures) and will be offered a pension scheme, health scheme and life insurance. We are a fun, family run business with amazing staff facilities and enjoy building professional relationships in an enjoyable way.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Automotive, Electrical, CAD, Engineer
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer outlined within this advertisement to review your application for the specific role applied for.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job