Ecologist -contract opportunity
NonStop Consulting is looking to recruit a Route Ecologist for a contract until March 2024( possibility of extension) in London.
The client is looking for a professional who will be required to provide technical advice and support to operational teams maintaining and operating within a defined Route of Southern Region.
The role will implement and assure a programme of ecological checks and surveys, including habitat, botanical and animal species surveys, complete works impact assessments, and manage proactive and corrective mitigation and compliance plans.
- Experienced terrestrial Ecologist, a good understanding of England/national legislative requirements and best industry practices in relation to ecological management.
- Previous experience of managing ecology-related projects, including fieldwork programs ideally in a consulting environment.
- Substantial field survey experience - logistics planning, techniques knowledge, mobilising and managing field teams
- Experience with field data collection, and management and analysis of ecological data
- Experience in GIS, field mapping and developing and managing spatial datasets
- Experience in delivery of all aspects and phases of Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) and the management of mitigation plans
- Experience of delivering assurance activity with respect to contractor performance and to intended ecological outcomes of enhancement projects
- Driver's licence essential - travel to isolated field locations and engineering depots within Sussex and the wider Southern Region will be required.
What's in it for you ?
- Quick turn around - The client is looking to have someone offered and in place as soon as possible, meaning if you have recently been looking for a role or if you are in need of a change you can start pretty much straight away.
- The role gives you the opportunity to extend your skills, improve them and maybe learn something new along the way as they are always invested in continuous learning and development of their staff.
To apply for this position or to speak about other available positions please get in touch with Diana Anghel at NonStop Consulting.
Internal Extension: 8112
- in GIS
- field mapping
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'