Are you looking for an opportunity that provides not only challenges but rewards for your hard work and efforts?
Do you feel that your current role just isn't fulfilling or rewarding enough?
Well, in your new role as a Document Controller working with us, this can all change.
Due to continued growth we are now looking for an experienced Document Controller to join us within our head office in Salfords (Surrey).
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a diverse multi-functional role whilst playing a key part in some of the UKs leading construction projects
In the role of Document Controller you will be required to provide ongoing support to the various Departments of the Company in document control, with particular emphasis on electronic or web based document repositories that are linked to the Companies Contracts or tender opportunities.
- Working within the Design Department to download from various Internet based or electronic drawing repositories such as drawings and/or documents as are required for a specific tender or contract.
- Issuing Customers with output from the Design Department either manually or by electronic upload together with maintenance of the required design information systems.
- Maintenance of up to date and tidy files of drawings for the Companies various contracts.
- Working with Designers within the Department to learn specific applications of roofing and cladding materials.
- Assist within the Design Office in the preparation and issue of As Built drawings.
- From time to time carry out related functions as may be required by any of the Companies Directors.
Document Controller | Document Control | Admin | Administrator | Filing | Storage | Design | Construction
- Good standard of education, literacy and numeracy to GCSE level or equivalent.
- A good command of English both written and spoken.
- Ability to understand the manner in which drawings and documents are created and distributed in an electronic environment.
- Ability to work methodically and efficiently in such an environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate and converse at all levels of the site team.
- Ability to work within set guidelines and systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and work under pressure.
- Good time keeping and attendance at all times.
- Ability to work co-operatively, flexibly and as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle demanding people in challenging situations.
- Ability to observe/listen and absorb new knowledge quickly.
- Experience of working in a similar position in an office environment.
- Experience of working within the Construction Industry.
Additional Salary Information:
Pension, Bonus, Private Health and Paid Holiday.
About Our Company:
We are the UK's leading building envelope contractor and has delivered many major projects including the Emirates Stadium, Olympic Stadium and Gatwick Airport.
We offer market leading training and in 2016 were voted into the top 50 in "The Good Employer Guide 2016". This partnered with our "Investors in People" Silver accreditation, makes it the perfect place to develop your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job