Director of Household Energy Services
Job Title: Director of Household Energy Services
Salary: £58,435 to £69,993
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is a Bristol-based national charity that supports people and organisations across the UK to tackle the climate emergency and end the suffering caused by cold homes. We do this by sharing our knowledge, practical experience and policy insights.
Would you like to lead a large team of passionate dedicated people who are at the forefront of tackling the energy crisis and helping households to reach net zero?
We are looking for a dynamic individual who's motivated to help us deliver our charitable mission to end the misery of cold homes and tackle climate change. You will join our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and work with the Head of Advice and Head of Retrofit to lead a team of over 60 people.
CSE has grown significantly in recent years, and we see further opportunities to increase our impact and influence as a charity in the coming years. We are now recruiting a new Director of Household Energy Services. This is a unique opportunity to take up a senior leadership role in CSE that will shape our household energy advice and home energy retrofit work going forward, maintaining our role as a leading national advice agency, and influencing UK government policy and energy industry practice around fuel poverty and housing energy efficiency.
- To direct - and take overall responsibility for - the development and delivery of CSE's work to provide energy advice and low carbon housing refurbishment services for householders.
- To lead the Household Energy Services (HES) team, maintaining a culture of high performance and outstanding results where staff are encouraged and supported to perform at their best.
- To develop and maintain relationships both locally and nationally to support and influence the policy framework within which our work takes place and to create and realise funding opportunities to sustain and grow our work and impact, in line with CSE's strategic objectives.
- To be a member of CSE's Senior Leadership Team (SLT), which provides the organisation's operational management, sets and implements its policies, determines development priorities, establishes budgets and maintains financial controls, and develops and delivers CSE's strategy with support of Heads of
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Energy-specific degree or post graduate degree
- Management qualification
- Knowledge of and commitment to CSE's primary objectives to tackle the climate emergency and end the suffering caused by cold homes
- Understanding of the UK energy system and the shifts required to achieve a smarter, greener, and fairer energy system
- Extensive demonstrably successful senior leadership experience
- Substantial work experience relevant to the work of the team
- Experience of team and line management, including developing staff to reach their full potential
- Experience of client and funder relationship management
- Proven track record in fundraising and development related to research and analysis
- 33 days paid holiday per year including 8 bank holidays.
- Generous ethical company pension scheme (8% from employer, 6% from employee) to which the post-holder will be automatically enrolled
- Salary sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Subsidised bike purchase arrangements through the cycle to work scheme
- Training and study time is given to complete the NEA City & Guilds 6176 in Energy Awareness.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the first stage of the application process by sending your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Director, Education Director, Research Director, University Director, Analysis Director, Director of Research, Education Director, Charity Director, will also be considered for this role.
- Research Director
- Education Director
- Director of Research
- Charity Director
- University Director
- Analysis Director
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'