As Director of IT communications based in Cambridge or Macclesfield or Gaithersburg in the US, you will have lead responsibility for developing, managing and delivering globally integrated communications plans that positively impact culture and employee engagement, innovation and performance across IT. Alongside this, you will be required to fully realise the engagement potential of AZ’s digital channels and strive to build their effectiveness, including delivery of improvements, rationalisation and simplification.
You will be the primary internal communications contact for the Chief Information Officer and will work IT senior leaders and communicators from all business areas and disciplines to ensure the delivery of timely, relevant, consistent and compelling internal communications activities that achieve tangible outcomes for the business. In line with this, you will focus on ensuring priority internal customer facing IT projects (i.e. IT to AZ) are communicated effectively and efficiently across AstraZeneca.
Cultural awareness and alignment with the AstraZeneca brand and external communications, including digital, media and investor relations, will be key. Alongside this, you will be expected to provide oversight and be accountable for IT internal communication channels and alignment to global channels, including Nucleus - the AZ social intranet.
You must be able to gain the trust and respect of internal stakeholders who will rely on your advice and guidance on internal communications matters. Excellent writing, project management, planning and multi-channel communications experience (particularly digital communications) is essential, with a proven track record for delivering innovative and successful internal communications and with a sound Pharma background desirable.
The often sensitive and material content involved, means that you are required to demonstrate exemplary personal judgment, initiative and collaborative skills while working as part of a close-knit, high-performing and flexible team.Key responsibilities
- Work with Chief Information Officer (CIO) and IT Leadership Team to develop comprehensive, integrated communication plans to support the delivery of business priorities.
- Advise and coach senior leaders on events/issues/activities that need to be communicated internally and/or externally.
- Lead the production of engaging, high quality content for leaders to use to drive more effective two-way dialogue with their teams
- Develop and execute best practice change communication to support IT transformation activities.
- Ensure alignment with, and pull through/leveraging of, global leader communication strategies, campaigns and engagement building resources
- Support external communication activities for CIO as required, working with Global Media Team and in line with Code of Conduct/policies.
- Provide communications support and expertise to IT issues management teams as required.
- Lead the planning, development and delivery of flagship IT events – including quarterly senior leader calls, virtual meetings and face to face events.
- Ensure all internal communications share a unified look and feel that reflect the company’s business priorities, strategy and brand.
- Represent Corporate Affairs within IT, influencing development plans and promoting alignment of/adherence to strategies and appropriate governance.
- Prioritise internal messages and acts as a gatekeeper.
- Ensure communications are continuous, consistent and distributed through appropriate channels.
- Advise leadership on sequencing for communication cascades, counsel leadership on message, approach and style for planned communications.
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration and information exchange across a highly matrixed organisation.
- Act on behalf of Internal Communication’s at team meetings and brings up underlying opportunities, concerns, trends and potential issues.
- Provide direction to IT communicators across the business and ensure alignment with global IT communication activities – providing strategic direction and guidance.
- Measure effectiveness of communication approaches and identify and deliver value-adding solutions to drive improvements
- Engage and lead management of contract resources to support effective execution of internal communication activities as required. Oversees quality and compliance of work.
- Serve as a flexible resource for Global Operations Communications when timely resource / prioritisation is required.