Digital Forensics Field Officer
RSR Police, part of the Red Snapper Group is a trusted recruitment partner to UK policing and Law Enforcement Agencies. We recruit job profession from all sectors to provide organisation the talent to deliver effective and efficient policing.
The National Crime Agency (NCA), a national law enforcement agency has an opportunity available for a Digital Forensics Field Officer to work on a 9-month agency assignment based in Tamworth.
As the Digital Forensic Field Officer, you will respond to the growing requirement for the forensic acquisition of digital devices in line with ISO 17020 and presents a specialist capability for the NCA.
This position is £16.35 per hour PAYE plus agency benefits.
Responsibilities as a Digital Forensics Field Officer include:
- Ensure the integrity and continuity of exhibits by correct handling, storage and documentation
- Conduct laboratory based forensic acquisitions of digital media in order to obtain optimum intelligence/evidence, in line with relevant legislation and accreditation standards
- Process digital media in preparation of investigative review
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on a range of digital investigation opportunities
- Examine digital media for intelligence gathering and evidential reporting
- Witness statement and evidential report writing as a result of forensic acquisition and examination
- Demonstrate and maintain a portfolio of technical competencies
- Conduct case management, including operational or programme activity spreadsheets, case files and monthly reports
- Work to Quality Management standards in order to achieve and maintain appropriate regulated standards
- Provide support to core investigative functions including disclosure, exhibit handling/management, presentation of written and oral evidence
- Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of intelligence and evidential material; maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and duty of care
- Support the Technical Manager in compliance to accredited and regulated activities and requirements
Experience & Skills
- Foundation digital forensics certification/computer forensics degree or relevant digital forensics work experience
- Experience in obtaining volatile digital evidence and the ability to disassemble and assemble digital devices
- Experience in digital forensic working practices, including the ability to use digital forensic hardware and software competently
- Interpretation and application of relevant legislation
- Experience of investigations
- Proven experience of analysing information from a wide range of sources
- Proven knowledge of relevant standards in relation to the Forensic Science Regulators Code of Practice and Conduct, and experience in an accredited environment (ISO17020/17025) supporting customer requirements
- A good understanding of disclosure and exhibit handling procedures
- A good understanding of relevant legislation affecting Agency activity with a particular emphasis of legislation affecting digital evidence
- Good knowledge of disclosure/exhibit procedures with a particular emphasis on search and seizure best practice of digital evidence
- Knowledge of ACPO principles in relation to 'Good Practice Guide for Computer-Based Electronic Evidence'
- ISO 17025/17020 awareness
If you would like to apply for this Digital Forensics Field Officer position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer him or her. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you with retail vouchers for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'