Who we are
Friday exists to make beautifully useful digital products and services for our clients. These clients are all organisations that matter - with close, service relationship with their customers, in which digital is critical. We’re Strategic Engineers and Designers, and we love to ship. We value ingenuity, collaboration, honesty and agility.
We are looking to hire a passionate and accomplished Delivery Manager with 2-4 years experience to join our Agile delivery management practice and help us deliver core business digital products and services for our clients.
We prize smart contributors - highly collaborative ego-free people. At Friday, our teams are made up of capable and talented professionals in their own discipline; self-organising, adaptable and cross-functional. Together they deliver projects that transform our client’s businesses.
What you’ll do
Delivery managers are able to work across range of projects or tasks simultaneously, under direction. You will work closely with the Head of Delivery or a Delivery Director on digital service design projects. You will develop and implement tactical plans, run project rhythms and reporting and motivate and inspire project teams. In discussion and agreement with the team, you’ll implement the delivery approach and take responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered successfully.
About the role
- You’ll develop a good understanding of Friday’s goals and vision; and why clients come to Friday
- You will collaborate with a mixed-disciplinary team to deliver digital products and services
- You will spend approximately 85% - 90% of your time 'in the work’
Under supervision, you will:
- Formulate delivery plans and set projects up for success
- Manage JIRA and Confluence spaces effectively, remaining close to the detail throughout the project/product lifecycle
- Attend or facilitate discussions around delivery approach, clearly communicate this to others and be 'in the work’ yourself
- Build relationships with other departments and with our clients
- Play a key role in the planning and casting of projects, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a recommendations to alleviate delivery challenges
- Be involved in estimating and defining effort for projects, to create proposals and Statements of Work for internal review
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate delivery methodology, learning and iterating frequently
- Analyse and evaluate risks and issues and clarify understanding or expectations in order to seek the best options, taking into account of the wider context of a project
- Make timely decisions, communicate them clearly and action them swiftly
- You will generate timely, consistently accurate reporting of resourcing and financial data
You will be a confident self-starter, well organised and self motivated. You are joining a team of highly skilled Delivery Managers and a company where the talent-density is enviously high. You will have a pragmatic approach, a willingness to listen, learn and adapt and are energised by the service design challenges our clients bring. Above all, you are a selfless team player and understand the importance of your craft. You’ll have some experience of delivering digital projects.
- Excellent communication skills, exemplifying positive client service behaviours
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Confident and well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good understanding of estimating and costing and how agency resourcing works
The big plus
- Experience in using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in an agency or comparable environment
- SCRUM certificate
For more information on joining our hugely talented and successful Delivery Management team here at We are Friday, please send your CV in the first instance.