Have you ever considered living & working on the other side of the world? Then we can make it happen ! If you are interested, then read on below on how we can help to change your life.
NZ is experiencing widespread skills shortages across multiple sectors, and we find ourselves struggling to find workers across all trades to meet the demand.
It can be a daunting task to start life in a new country, but we have been bringing people into NZ for the last 6 years, and we can help in every aspect of relocating. Our branches have consultants who have also made the move to NZ from overseas, and we have an excellent support network to help make the process as seamless as possible.
We require Diesel Mechanics from all backgrounds and typical duties include, but are not limited to: -
- Maintains, tests and repairs diesel motors and the mechanical parts of trucks, buses and other heavy vehicles such as transmissions, suspension, steering and brakes.
- Detecting and diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults in engines and parts
- Dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checking parts
- Repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed
- Performing scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications and engine tune-ups, to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations
- Re-assembling engines and parts after being repaired
- Testing and adjusting mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance
- Diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers
- May inspect vehicles and issue roadworthiness certificates or detail work required to achieve roadworthiness
- May respond to vehicle breakdown service calls
Ideally, you will be or have: -
- 5+ years’ experience & Trade Qualification
- Your own tools
- 2 work references
- 100% commitment to Health & Safety
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test
In return we offer competitive rates of pay, varied and challenging work, regular hours, as well as long-term opportunities.
In addition, Tradestaff are pleased to announce that we will be attending a number of seminars in the UK in May alongside our partners New Zealand Skills In Demand and Migration Associates amongst others. Please find details below:-
- Wednesday 9th May 6pm - 9pm: Zig Zag Building, 5th Floor, 70 Victoria Street London
- Saturday 12th May 12pm - 3pm: Hilton Birmingham Metropole, Pendigo Way, Marston Green, Birmingham
- Sunday 13th May 12pm - 3pm: Holiday Inn, 25 Aytoun Street, Manchester
- Saturday 19th May 12pm - 3pm: Holiday Inn, Bristol City Centre, Bond Street, Bristol
At these seminars, you'll meet Kiwi experts face-to-face and hear about what life in New Zealand is really like, including aspects such as cost of living, the education and healthcare systems, employment opportunities and visa options. The seminars are supported by those whose core business is to assist skilled migrants to get to New Zealand - including assisting with banking, money transfer, migration insurance and relocation. The seminars give you the opportunity to ask questions directly, and speak to the experts in an intimate setting where there are no queues. You will also meet others that wish to obtain a new lifestyle. It is an essential first step on your New Zealand journey and it is worthwhile making the trip to a seminar location near you.
Ticket prices for the seminars are £11:35, but a 50% discount can be applied by using the code TINZTS50 when prompted for when purchasing tickets for the relevant seminar.
In order to assess what visa you may be eligible for, we recommend that you visit the Migration Associates website and complete a free visa evaluation form.
About Tradestaff: Tradestaff is also a member of the Recruitment & Consulting Services Association (RCSA) of Australia and New Zealand, demonstrating our commitment to professional standards. Additionally, as an Immigration New Zealand accredited labour hire employer in the Christchurch region, we can bring candidates from overseas to fill skills shortages in local industries.
- Diesel Engine
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job