CONTRACT – EAST MIDLANDS
SKILLS – DEVOPS ENGINEER, AUTOMATION, INFRASTRUCTURE, JENKINS, TERRAFORM, ANSIBLE, TESTING, PIPELINES, FIREWALLS, CONFIGURATION, LOAD BALANCERS, VIRTUAL, LINUX, VISUALISATION, ANSIBLE, CONSUL, VAGRANT, SHELL, GRADLE, GROOVY, DSL, GIT, TDD
Our client is an exciting IT consultancy providing a range of middleware and system integration solutions to their clients within the UK and Europe. You will be working as a devops engineer as part of an onsite team. Your role will be to work alongside the established devops team to support the existing setup, provide additional technical expertise and suggest areas of improvement and new products that could be implemented.
- Help build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in systems, services and products.
- Perform variety of technical and administrative duties in overall system design, development, and delivery.
- Work in conjunction with the development team and possibly business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of applications, systems, database architecture, and general application functionality maintaining data integrity.
- Drive the continuous delivery process by recommending appropriate tools to automate builds and deployments.
- Ensure best practice tools and technologies are used to maximize uptime and recovery from downtime.
- Support the infrastructure during periods of downtime, both by reducing the number of occurrences of downtime, and by reducing the time taken to resolve issues, as well as ensuring adequate team support during holiday periods.
- Develop the required technical skills through training and self-development.
Technical Skills Required
- AWS (EC2 / S3 / Route 53 etc)
- Vagrant / VirtualBox
- Shell / Bash Scripting
- TDD (Unit Tests)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job