M-F 10-6, occasional out of hours work (as and when required)
Are you the sort of flexible DevOps engineer we are looking for? Then consider joining our team.
What we're trying to do is stretch to cover the space between our amazing team of developers and our committed team of operations engineers. We need someone to bounce between the two teams and bring code from devs to production, and production issues into a tested format for the developers to fix. You need to be agile, flexible on demand - a troubleshooter, a tester, and someone who can translate operational need into specifications for development and take development into an operational field by deploying new code to our 11 global zones.
* You believe that communication and collaboration are the most important points in devops culture
* Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
* Experience with Automation/configuration management - ideally using ansible
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
* Understanding of cloud services
* Understanding of virtualisation, particularly qemu/kvm
* Understanding of containerisation solutions
* A knowledge of best practices and IT Operations in a modern 24/7 always up, always on service
What you will do:
* Liaise between the operations and development teams; collaborating with both
* Roll out new releases into live environments
* Take bug reports, and focus them down to precise testable issues
* Seek out automation opportunities, and:
* Automate or simplify operations and devops procedures
* Work with configuration management systems (ansible) to ensure that systems are consistent
My client is looking for a strong DevOps person,to stand between their SysAdmin and Developer teams. He/she needs srong linux skills, and some good development skills also.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job