Avanti Recruitment are working with Video Software as a Service (VSaaS) provider to recruit for a DevOps Engineer. The role is based just outside of Oxford and remote working is available for the right candidate once you’re up to speed.
They are looking for someone to come and help them maintain and improve their cloud systems and processes. They will be scaling up hugely in the next two years and pushing closer to automated continuous integration. They’re also moving into exciting new areas, such as video analysis, which will require new systems and further enhancements to our processes, so this is a great time to be joining them.
One of the first tasks of the job holder will be to commission and lead an AWS Well-Architected Framework review with a suitable partner; this will help you to become familiar with all their services, assess their readiness for scaling and recommend a programme of improvements for prioritisation.
- Maintain and develop cloud building and deployment processes
- Integrate new services into our cloud
- Ensure their cloud is well designed to scale by orders of magnitude
- Understand and monitor all the key performance metrics of their cloud and rectify any problems.
- Maintain their clouds exceptionally high level of security.
- Keep 3rd party components up to date and maintain and improve their 'patching’ process.
- Minimize service downtime, and maximize performance.
- Own and improve our automated test infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of new features and bug fixing in existing systems.
- Reduce running costs per customer as they scale
2+ years’ experience in a DevOps environment would be ideal and a degree in a computer related subject would be preferable. You will also have experience with at least some of the following:
- AWS - or equivalent such as GCP or Azure
- SQL and No-SQL databases
- Automated testing
This is a great opportunity to be part of a start up company with good financial backing and big plans for the future. This role will provide you with the autonomy to really make a difference and have a huge say on the direction of the companies cloud and automation processes. They will provide on the job training and mentoring, support you in any qualifications you wish to work towards and provide you with the freedom to attend seminars/courses that will benefit your development.
Additional to this they are offering a salary of £40k - £70k DOE, 25 days annual leave, company pension, flexible and remote working and share options.
If this opportunity excites you or you want to know more, please apply now for immediate consideration for interviews this/next week.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'