Development Manager - eCommerce
£45,000 - £60,000 per annum + Staff benefits including onsite gym, parking plus 25 days holiday.
Permanent role based in Cardiff, South Wales
Our client, one of the UK's leading eCommerce retailers is currently undertaking a massive period of investment and expansion and are now seeking a hands on Development Manager who will be able to take control of the development process, define a technical road map and grow the development team.
This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation that has established an almost cult following within their customer base, are seen as an employer of choice within South Wales and have been named as one of the LSE's Companies to Inspire Britain.
Working closely with the executive board, this is a unique opportunity for a hands on and technical leader to join a market leading organisation and have the remit to define the technical road map and have the backing of the board to implement this. Working within LAMP technologies, this role is ideal for a highly experienced developer with experience of people management and who is now seeking the next step in their career. Initially joining as the Development Manager, this is an ideal opportunity to develop the skills and experience to eventually grow into the role of CTO within the organisation.
Essential Experience / Requirements:
* Proven experience of commercial development with the full LAMP technical stack
* Experience of developing API's: REST/SOAP Services
* Previous leadership experience within a commercial development team
* Exposure to product selection
* Understanding of OOP principles
* Experience of working within an Agile environment
* Ecommerce experience (Magento)
* Exposure to backend development and integration
What will you be doing?
* Reporting to the board of directors, the successful candidate will be growing and leading team of developers who will be working on an award winning eCommerce platform
* Providing technical authority and leadership across the company to both internal and external stakeholders
* Defining and implementing the technical roadmap of the business
What will you be offered?
* Competitive salary of £45,000 - £60,000
* Full autonomy on all technology matters
* Staff benefits
* Flexible working
* A diverse and technically talented team to work within
* Development Manager
* £45,000 - £60,000
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job