Randstad Engineering are currently searching for Development Engineer to start asap on a contract with our world wide engine manufacturer. This will be an initial 12 month contract paying up to £36 per hour in Huddersfield.Summary
Research, investigate, develop mechanical components, sub assemblies and mechanisms. Define,
manage and oversee testing at component and system level.
- Significant engineering experience required (typ. 5 years minimum)
- Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
- Advanced ability to read technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports
- Able to utilise 6S tools to analyse data and provide technical recommendations.
- Experience of turbo machinery, rotating equipment and/or valves would be preferable.
- Research, design, develop and test components and system level assemblies.
- Research and analyse design proposals and specifications
- Investigate failures and difficulties to diagnose issues and provide solutions
Skills and Competencies
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Analytic and Problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques such as 7 step
- Team player and detail oriented
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job