Deloitte are expanding their development team to support a range of technologies developed throughout Deloitte. This role will form the core of a new team developing a set of differentiating technologies for the audit function of Deloitte. Strong and adaptive development skills are expected as a matter of course; to be successful the incumbent will leverage a collaborative mindset to make the most of a multidisciplinary team, sharing knowledge and expertise to the wider group to build the wider ITS capability.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your reruiter know when you make your application.
A new agile management tool, making a huge difference in the Audit arena, has been purchased by Deloitte who now own the source code. The predominantly open source, cloud native application, is hosted on AWS and built on angular and node. Some skilled engineers are sought to evolve and grow the solution and manage the application lifecycle using a DevOps approach.
- Good hands on experience of Firebase.
- Broad knowledge of NodeJS, Angular, AWS - Amazon Wed Services, GCP aswell as a number of continuous integration tools with specific focus on Azure DevOps.
- Web Development General web / integration development.
- Accountable for supplying development and support services for functions throughout Deloitte.
- Accountable for maintaining systems to required SLAs, prioritizing maintenance windows and releases, liaising with the wider Deloitte team to implement global standards and security controls.
- Work within diverse teams and prioritizing workloads, delegating activities via daily SCRUM meetings
- Advising stakeholders on the implications of alternative solutions.
- Participate in all aspects of the project software development life cycle including; solution design, business analysis, testing, documentation and deployment.
- Technical design and task estimation and Perform R&D on new technologies
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- Demonstrable experience of running cloud native applications with the ability to plan and manage the technology lifecycle as well as the technical acumen to develop and maintain a heterogeneous technology stack.
- Experience playing the role of dev-ops engineer in agile teams with focus on AWS.
- Experience of eventual consistency NoSQL databases a must, along with implications for support / maintenance and change of this capability.
- Will have worked within an application maintenance team.
- Strong hands-on experience of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) / Azure DevOps and Git for the full development life-cycle.
- Experience of secure coding practices, tools and guidance such as OWASP.
- Capable of working in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- BSc / Msc Information Systems / STEM subjects or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Certified SCRUM master / equivalent experience
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal
Requisition code: 171162
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'