Deskside Support Engineer III
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT Company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in London. This is a full-time, temporary role for 6 months, Monday to Friday, 9 - 17:30 to start March 2019. The role is paying £22 per hour LTD/Umbrella.
**** Please DO NOT apply if you do not have SC clearance or as a minimum CTC clearance****
Great opportunity to be part of a team delivering deskside support services to our client based in London Westminster, duties may include remote investigation and traveling to support at other customer locations.
- Hardware & software break fix including IMAC services
- Responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
- Analyses system's needs, troubleshoots problems.
- Provides user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations.
- Deployment of updates/roll-outs. 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases.
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
- Take responsibility for stock used and follow the correct procedures regarding stock management.
- Case management of Incidents and IMAC's in line with SLA's
- Acknowledge and respond to emails from Team Leads and Manager
- Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
- Risk awareness of technology and business impact.
- Assisting with projects as they arise
- Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times.
Skills Level/ Requirements for role
- Must have SC clearance (or as a minimum- CTC clearance)
- IT industry experience- 2 years
- Microsoft Windows XP & Windows 7 - 10
- Microsoft Office and applications inc Outlook,
- Ghosting/Building of laptops and desktops,
- Active Directory,
- Basic hardware knowledge, laptop keyboards, memory, hard drives
- Experience with network fault troubleshooting
- Experience with network builds
- Experience with network printer installs and configuration
- Working with remote tools e.g. SCCM to deploy software and take remote control.
- Antivirus Applications e.g. Norton, McAfee
- Able to provide problem determination support for bespoke applications.
- Ability to backup users data in line with customer guidelines
- Asset management skills, i.e. updating of asset management systems
- Portable storage media handling
- Report extraction from customer systems
- Compliance with any customer specific security clearance process.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP's).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'