Design Manager (Main Contractor)
Cheshire - Warrington
£40,000 - £50,000 + Car or Allowance + Excellent Benefits
My client have grown steadily over two centuries to become one of the most successful and respected names in the building, property development and construction industry.
My client is one of the UK's leading construction groups operating within the student accommodation sector. Due to a steady increase in new contracts this award winning contractor is seeking to recruit an Design Manager
Working alongside a Senior Design Manager on a Student Acc. Development in Sheffield Based from the Cheshire offices with travel to site as and when required - UK wide
- Managing the timely delivery of a cost-effective design that is compliant with the main contract obligations
- Identifying and managing risk from drawings, specifications and project programme
- Establishing the scope and design responsibilities for subcontractor work packages and the associated design and procurement programme
- Scheduling and chairing workshops with design consultants and subcontractors
- Establishing design deliverables and associated issue dates with design consultants and subcontractors and allocating design deliverables to the work packages
- Supporting construction and commercial staff with the management of change to ensure design and commercial aspects are mutually compatible
- Ensuring as-built details are properly recorded and models and drawings revised accordingly
- Promoting buildability and value engineering solutions
Applicants will have the following experience:
- Ability to lead a design team from outline design to detailed design
- Produce cost effective designs to required timelines and construction deadlines.
- Commercial awareness and value engineering to increase margin and/or value to client.
- A thorough understanding of the design and risk management processes.
- Programme and produce design programmes/controls for timely information release to procurement and construction teams.
- Experience in the High Rise student accomadation, appartment or hotel build.
- Experience of appointing specialist and multi-discipline consultants would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of current CDM and Building Regulations
- Experience of managing document management systems
Applicants will have the following:
- A degree in a construction/design related qualification
- Competent user of Microsoft packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word
- A relevant CSCS card
- A driving licence
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please call Ryan Pearson on or email your CV to
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"