Our client is a multi-divisional, Top Tier Main Contractor with projects nationwide. They have a history of successfully delivering new developments, ranging from homes to commercial, industrial and mixed use schemes. They're now looking Design Manager for a £30m new build project in Wolverhampton.
Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Regular client liaison, chairing meetings with reps and ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with.
- Chairing Design Team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards
- Leading the Design Team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
- Sales meetings with client in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Leading the Design Team in the preparation of conceptual / ACAD drawings.
- Leading and assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
- Presenting the project design and quotation to client and ensuring order conversion.
- Ensuring that the Design Team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
- Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensuring that the Document Control is up to date at all times.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
- BSc in Construction Management or similar.
- 5 years+ Construction Design experience
- Design Manager experience working for a Main Contractor coming from an Architectural background
- Experienced working on projects up to £30m in value
Our client offers quality project work, excellent training and superb career development potential. The salaries and packages on offer are highly competitive.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for the attention of Robert Glaser at UKL Professional.