Are you an experienced Design Engineer, who has experience of steel fabrication or timber manufacturing?
Do you enjoy utilising your initiative and design skills to come up with innovate solutions for the customer, as well as the ability to translate these into manufacturing drawings?
Do you enjoy working closely with customers and consider yourself to have excellent communication and relationship building skills?
If so, the role of Design Engineer for this close-knit and well-established firm could be exactly the new challenge you seek.
In order to meet with customers as required, a Full Driving Licence is essential.
As a Design Engineer, you will join an existing Design Team of the Engineering department.
You will liaise with the Customer to identify industrial packaging requirements for the protection, handling, transportation and storage of high value items.
Your detail-orientated and innovative approach and ability to ask the right questions will allow you to the requirement from the customer (internal or external), design, oversee prototype production, test, validate and provide technical drawings to initiate production.
These designs could be for disposable packaging systems (solidboard, timber/plywood, corrugated), returnable packaging systems (plastics, foam, metal) or other tooling equipment such as containers, trolleys, rack, stillages or workbenches.
Skills & Experience sought:
- Experience of 3D CAD design, using Autodesk Inventor or similar is essential
- Ideally educated to degree level in an Engineering subject or alternatively with equivalent experience
- Experience of steel fabrication and/or timber manufacture.
- Ability to think creatively to develop and design new products and translate them into manufacturing drawings
- Experience of reviewing drawings, specifications and cost data to provide cost effective solutions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively obtain and share information with both internal or external customers and provide excellent service
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to meet deadlines
- Technical Drawing