On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Deputy Unit Manager to oversee the management of an animal breeding/holding unit, and to provide guidance and leadership to the production team within the animal technology field.
- IAT Level 3 in Laboratory Animal Science and Technology
- Previously worked win animal technology and proven background within animal science
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within set timescales
- Collaboration, ability to manage staff effectively and motivate them to high levels of achievement
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be impartial, questioning when necessary
- Drives change & growth and results focus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of an animal breeding/holding units
- Providing guidance and leadership to the production department ensuring:
- Monitoring production unit performance to achieve production targets provided by line manager
- Understanding, adhering to, monitoring, and enforcing site and personnel movement restrictions and biosecurity procedures
- Ensuring that Animal Technologists and Facility Support staff follow the correct biosecurity procedures at all times
- Maintaining records of breeding and performance to maintain colonies, manage space, and minimise surplus animals
- Work closely with all Area Supervisors to encourage and maintain good practice amongst the technicians employed in each unit
- Manage company training and competency database
- Perform the tasks required to act as NACWO in designated production units.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Animal Science
- Meet Deadlines