To support the Project / Contracts Manager in the day to day management of a key supplier in integration of the technical and technology driven tasks and deliverables into the planning environment to allow the project to develop, update, analyse and improve the overall phasing and delivery of the Project.
The Deputy Project Manager will provide all day to day management of the Supplier and provide the link between the Supplier and Project through to the delivery functions.
The primary overarching duties will include:
As part of the Management Team, devise and deliver the operations strategy and provide leadership to the Airport services, Logistics support services, FM teams and Engineering teams
Ensuring that subordinate managers and staff are fully trained and operate efficiently in their role
Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies including but not limited to health, safety and environmental, and aviation authority regulations
Deliver an exemplary service to the Customer
Develop and maintain close positive working relationships with contractors and other agencies operating on the site
Ensure that key performance indicators are achieved
Processing and expediting of documentary deliverables.
Preparation of the weekly and monthly dashboard reports.
Management of the Supplier schedule, cost and quality
Development of contingency plans to respond to unplanned events.
Responsibility to inform Project / Contracts Manager on Supplier performance, issues and risks and mitigation actions.
- Qualification in Project and/or Logistics management.
Experience and Skills:
- A ten year track record in Airfield operations, Logistic support, Aircraft maintenance support, FM services and fuels and lubricants.
- A track record of holding a managerial role on other similar projects
- Working knowledge and experience in project management, project controls, commercial management, employee relations and ensuring that staff and teams operate effectively and efficiently
- Working knowledge of risk management and mitigation techniques
- Proven ability to assimilate project information from a variety of sources, understand the impact/implications of misalignments and issues and propose actions.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other teams of adjacent projects which impact on this Supplier to achieve optimal time, cost, performance goals.
- Good team working and interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team
- Good verbal and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain the relevant security clearance
- Logistics Management
- Operations Management
- Airfield Operations
- FM Services