£25k - £35k basic salary (plus overtime) 22 days holiday (plus banks) Company Pension scheme
Our client is a well established UK based UKAS Calibration Laboratory offering calibration services on a variety of electrical test equipment. The electrical laboratory covers the calibration and fault finding/repair of mainly DC & LF measuring instruments and test sets from a wide variety of customers and industries.
Due to growth they are now looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious electrical calibration engineer to work closely with the head of lab. This role will help the company to maintain their position as one of the major players in the UK calibration market.
Duties of the role will include
- Initially you will be carrying out calibration in the electrical laboratory before slowly starting to take on more responsibility.
- Ensuring all certificates are checked and verified before they leave the laboratory.
- Deal with customers in relation to their faulty equipment. This will involve understanding their requirements and assisting in scheduling the on-site work.
- Work under pressure to meet customer deadlines whilst still maintaining accuracy and quality.
Key Skills & Competencies Required
- Extensive experience of electrical calibration and repair and currently a UKAS signatory or have the potential to become a UKAS signatory within a 12 month period.
- Have a high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems.
- Have the experience, skills and ability to produce detailed written procedures or working instructions.
- Be well organised and methodical with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Fluke Met/Cal software and Microsoft office applications.
- Strong people skills with the ability to work well and lead a team as well as concise written skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of people such as directors.
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic career opportunity then please contact Alex Butterworth on the below details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job