Lloyd Recruitment Services Ltd are looking for a Deputy Editor to work for a leading Media and Events company based in West Sussex. The role will be working on a leading B2B portfolio that consists of print and digital platforms.
You will work alongside the Editor to produce informative and interesting content that will ensure the title engages with its audience, strengthen the brand presence and achieve commercial success.
With hard work and good results the ideal candidate will have a genuine opportunity to progress quickly from Deputy Editor into Editor.
The company has a wealth of leading events & print/online portfolios. In turn they are leaders within their given sectors and have enjoyed impressive growth year on year. This is an exciting time to join a forward thinking organisation!
The post holder will need to produce accurate and informative editorial content for two B2B titles and their associated websites. They will need to attend conferences, round tables and other events, carry out in-person interviews and site visits, and produce editorial coverage from these, with an emphasis on conveying practical and technical information and industry best practice. They will also need to commission and edit articles from external contributors and to deputise for the editor when required.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
• Quality of articles produced for the magazine and online
• Meet editorial deadlines
• Build an extensive list of contacts within the sector
• Improve traffic and engagement figures for the website and social media channels
• Contribute to the commercial success of the brands
• Write news and features that will appear in the magazine and online
• Commission and edit contributions from external industry experts
• Attend events, carry out site visits and interviews and produce content from these
• Curate and manage both websites and their related social media channels
• Deputise for the editor
COMPETENCIES, BEHAVIOURS & SKILLS
• Excellent writing and editing experience within B2B media
• Ability to interview and network with senior and technical professionals
• Ability to take in, learn and convey technical information clearly
• Ability to manage own workload effectively and meet deadlines
Candidates ideally need to be confident in either Quark and or InDesign
In return a basic of up to £28,000 plus company benefits
In order to be shortlisted for the role applicants must have solid B2B editorial experience. Due to the high volumes of applications we receive only candidates with the required level of experience will be shortlisted for the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job