Our client, located in Erith, are seeking to recruit a Demand Planner.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing review of MRP data output
- Creation and analysis of both weekly and monthly reports
- Responsible for creating and maintaining system generated forecasts, completing analysis of sales history, seasonal and forthcoming activities to generate accurate order demand
- Reviewing sales exceptions to improve future forecasts and stock performance
- Identify product or supplier trends causing stock availability to not meet agreed KPIs, make recommendations to stock and/or ordering parameters to improve efficiency.
- Manage the introduction of new products, confirming the forecasts, validating all quotes supplied, feedback on success of new lines and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Project manage, incoming large volume order enquiries from Business Managers, making recommendations on changes to forecasts and ordering profiles.
- Assisting Customer Service department with stock availability queries.
- Make discontinuation recommendations based on sales/forecast information vs commercial terms. Project manage this process through the system, from point of discontinuation until the clearance of all stock.
Skills & Ability
- Previous experience of purchasing, ideally within an MRP / ERP environment. SAP B1 experience is particularly desirable, but not essential.
- To be PC proficient in Excel is a must.
- To be a proactive self-starter with the ability to analyse data and make recommendations based on trends.
- To be able to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, across all departments.
- Ability to create and present reports as well as chair & direct meetings to achieve an agreed target.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm, with 1 hour lunch.
This is a permanent position.
- Customer Service