Global Software House is looking to hire a capable Database Developer to join a highly regarded technical team based in Derby.
You will have strong experience with developing enterprise level databases with tight integration with high-level programming languages such as C#. In addition, you will have extensive experience developing database schemas, designing, coding, and debugging stored procedures, and performing database optimizations.
You will participate in the implementation of solutions that employ leading-edge technologies and the ability to quickly translate business requirements into effective database solutions will be critical to the success of this role. A high energy level, the ability to set and achieve goals, and great interpersonal and communication skills are also essential.
- Design database schemas and optimise database design
- Design, develop, and test stored procedures
- Estimate development schedules and determine project scope
- Perform database optimization and performance tuning
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards and is easy to maintain
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process
- Work with documentation to see that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented
- Use source control for the appropriate data objects
- Work with other developers / DBAs to achieve defined goals
Required Skills / Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience designing database schemas and performing database optimizations using Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Knowledge of proper database normalization, indexing, transaction protection, and locking is essential
- Develop stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, and views
- Strong knowledge and experience using SQL including writing complex queries for ad-hoc reporting and data analysis
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Integration with cloud services
- Experience with high transaction volumes and scalable database models
- Proficient knowledge of data modelling concepts and formalized database design including creating tables, indexes, and enforcing data integrity
- Experience working on a commercial Enterprise-Level product with a database back-end is a strong plus
- Exposure to NoSQL databases e.g. DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Mongo, Presto, Elastic Search etc.
Salary: Excellent / Negotiable (Depending on Experience)
Location: Derby, East Midlands
- Database Design
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Stored Procedures
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job