A great opportunity for a Data Migration Lead to work for a global publisher, based in London.
The Data Migration Lead manages the data workstream, providing their point of escalation, guidance and direction. The Data Migration Lead works with the Project Manager to agree on work packages and priorities for the work stream, as well as providing on-going status reporting. The Data Migration Lead works with and supports other stream leads, ensuring all parts of delivery are integrated and well communicated across the streams.
Role and Responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities of the Data Migration Lead:
• Lead and coordinate the Data team, coordinating a partnership with the Business Team, to ensure the development and delivery of clear functional and business data requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis and documentation and presentation of all data deliverables
• Create a framework and supporting materials (as part of a Data Cleansing Approach) for data cleansing, working with the Business Leads and other Leads to agree on priorities and work packages for the business, including effort estimates, progress reporting and supporting tools
• Interact with Reporting, Architecture and Technical teams to develop a data migration strategy and plan that delivers within Programme constraints and in support of the Project Manager’s overall plan
• Design, plan and manage the migration of data from legacy systems to the to-be solution design, leading a team of work stream data leads (SAP, Biblio, Contracts & Royalties) and a shared data resource pool
• Support and drive data cleansing efforts required to achieve a workable dataset for all stages of testing, mock conversion and production states (data cleansing is the responsibility of the Business Leads, supported by the Programme)
• Document the business requirements for archiving data, in line with the strategic objectives of the Programme and manage delivery of archived data as part of the data work stream
• Document technical and infrastructure data migration and archive requirements to the Environments team
• Implement defined business rules into the data migration design
• Develop and deliver a data testing plan
• Report and highlight work stream risks and issues to the project management team
• Manage process and solution issues and potential change requests
• Support and develop data-specific Deployment and Transition activities including business impact assessment and training design.
Experience and Skills:
Experiences and Skills of the Data Migration Lead:
• Strong leadership, team management and organisation skills
• Experience of developing connections and influence with a cross-section of key stakeholders across a business to achieve optimal system design
• Deep Data Migration / ETL approach skills and experience
• Experience of facilitating Requirements Gathering Workshops and Proof of Concept workshops to develop and sign-off solutions
• Able to lead, organise and report holistically across multiple system migrations that include a large-scale legacy-to-SAP migration as well as substantial non-SAP, SQL-based migrations
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Strong understanding of the business, process requirements and an ability to advise on best practice based on experience across organisations and industries
• Strong understanding of finance implementation considerations.