Very well known, award winning firm, located in Chester, and looking to hire a Data Governance Project Manager. The position will be responsible for delivering a project to develop and implement data governance policies and procedures across the organisation, in compliance with all relevant legislation including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- To lead, manage and deliver the data governance project from inception through to implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Initially to drive to completion a number of actions currently being progressed to ensure the organisation is compliant with GDPR. This will require the DGPM to quickly develop an understanding of the personal data held by the organisation.
- Thereafter to work with a number of stakeholders to develop data governance policies and procedures which comply with all relevant legislation, including but not limited to GDPR.
- To review, update and develop new procedures to embed the data governance policies and procedures in the organisation, including a more comprehensive data usage policy (DUP) and archiving policy.
- Establishing a data catalogue and classification system for information and prioritising actions relating to the most important/sensitive information.
- To drive business change and work closely with stakeholders at all levels to embed new processes and business change.
- To identify and regularly communicate with key internal stakeholders throughout the project, documenting current information types and procures for management, making recommendations and providing regular updates on implementation of those recommendations.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of GDPR and experience of delivering information security/data management projects within diverse organisations
- Project management experience including project methodologies and frameworks. A relevant qualification would be an advantage (Prince 2, PMP, Agile…)
- Experience of successfully implementing and migrating to third party software products.
- Ability to adapt standard project frameworks to suit the client environment.
Organising and motivating internal staff and third parties to embed business change.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job